Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Viral: “First Annual Apologise to China Contest” draws many satirical apologists on Facebook

The “First Annual Apologise to China Contest” Facebook page has started in Taiwan The contest has since gone viral in HK, Macau and Taiwan social media Most of the comments and entries are satirical in nature The ‘apology’ with the most likes wins the contest Have you wronged China in the past? Then probably this is your chance to “apologize” to the Chinese people and avoid facing the possibility of being banned or condemned. A Taiwanese has created a Facebook page “First Annual Apologise to China Contest” that has attracted many commenters from Taiwan, Macau and Hong Kong who ‘beg’ for forgiveness for whatever they think they have done that has offended the mainland. As expected, most of the comments are satirical in nature, and are actually making fun of China’s sensitivity over several issues – political and otherwise. “I am sorry that I cannot understand the Chinese democracy. It must be because I am not intelligent enough,” said one commenter. Another wrote: “I’m sorry that I grew up in a free democratic country.” “I’m sorry I didn’t fill my plate with all the shrimps from the buffet table last night. I actually left some shrimps for the person behind me. [...]

from Kicker Daily News http://bit.ly/29KsEmt
via IFTTT
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Viral: “First Annual Apologise to China Contest” draws many satirical apologists on Facebook Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Admin